300-RYT Nashville Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification
What: Nashville Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification and Teacher Training:
300-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training Program with am emphasis in Wellness and Biomechanics (RYS-300, eligible for RYT-500). You will also earn Yoga Alliance CECs for each course!
300-hour Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification
If you have landed on this page and are looking for learning objectives, prerequisites, etc.for the 300-hour Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification program, please review our Yoga Wellness Specialist RYT-300 yoga teacher training and certification page and then come back to this page to register.
Dates, prices, etc. for the upcoming session are found on this page (scroll down please).
Requirements: Earn your RYT-300 by completing the 6 modules below. To register, select the RYT-300 or the module for which you want to register from the drop-down box at the top of this page.
Foundations Module - 25 Hours
- Introduction to Working one-on-one with Yoga Clients
- Define Yoga Wellness and Describe Benefits
- Scope of Practice
- Finding and Retaining clients
- Physiology of Pain and Illness; Pain Cause and Effect
- Mind/Body Explorations
- Energetic Anatomy for Wellness
- Applied Chakras
- Homework will include: Reading Pain Free by Pete Egoscue and A Handbook of Chakra Healing by Kalashatra Govinda
Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 1 - 10 Hours
- Asana Analysis
- Partnered with Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy Course
- Provides 10 Contact Hours and 20 Homework Hours
- Homework: Reading, Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy 2nd edition, Watching Leslie Kaminoff Videos; other homework as assigned
Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 2 - 48 Hours
- Anatomy for Clients
- Structure and Function: Anatomy and Physiology
- Trail Guides: Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology
- Homework will include: Reading Yoga Anatomy 2nd edition by Leslie Kaminoff, Trail Guides (TG) books and completing TG workbook assignments (purchase on the first day of Anatomy Part 2 - check or cash for $120)
Assessments Module - 70 Hours
- Subtle Energy Assessments
- Physical Assessments - Range of Motion, Strength, Posture
- Assessments Practicum
- Homework as assigned
Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design, Execute - 41 Hours
- Contraindications for Specific Conditions
- Developing Complete Yoga Wellness Plans
- Yogic Techniques for Common Conditions (foam roller required)
- Homework will include: Assignments from Yoga as Medicine by Timothy McCall
Specialty Module - 76 Hours
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga for Healthy Back
- Yoga for Hips, Shoulders and Core
- Yoga for Cancer
- Homework will include: Reading Relax & Renew by Judith Lasater and Restorative Yoga with Assists by Sue Flamm
Modules do not have to be taken in the order listed. The only pre-requisites for each module are listed below.
- Foundations Module - None
- Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology (APK) Part 1 - None
- Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology (APK) Part 2 - None
- Assessments Module - APK Part 1 or APK Part 2
- Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design, Execute - Assessments Module
- Specialty Module - None
- Pre-reqs may be waived by permission of instructor
COURSE Pre-requisites (to earn RYT-500):
- RYT-200 OR
- Dual Enrolled in RYT-200 and RYT-300
Who: YOU...and Instructor: Mary Irby (see Mary's bio on our About Us page)
- Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 1:
- 3/31/18 and 4/28/18, 8AM-2PM (both dates required)
- 20 hours of home-study also required
- Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 2:
- Dates TBD
- Dates TBD
- Dates TBD
- Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design, Execute:
- Dates TBD
- Specialty Module:
- Dates TBD
Where: Please visit our location page for details on where the Nashville RYT-300 trainings are held.
Attendance Policy: Please read our attendance policy.
Refund Policy: Please read our refund policy.
Price: Pay $4,200 up front for the entire RYT-300 (all 6 modules). This saves you $360, or you may pay as you go. See prices below.
Foundations Module - $400
Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology Part 1 - $400
Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology Part 2 - $768
Assessments Module - $1,120
Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design and Execute - $656
Specialty Module - $1,216
Total - $4,560
Other Fees: See required book and materials list further down this page. The first day of class, please bring a check or cash for 3 books - pricing and details below...keep reading please. Note that the books with Amazon links need to be purchased on your own. So, to reiterate, we will sell you 3 books at the training (bring $120 first day of class) and you are responsible for obtaining all other books and materials.
Required Books and Materials for the RYT 300 NOT included in the cost of the program (Yoga Wellness Specialist) are below:
1 Yoga Mat
2 Yoga Blocks
1 Yoga Strap
1 Yoga Bolster
Notebook or Paper and Pen/Pencil
Foam Roller (any size, short one is easier to travel with though - Yoga Wellness module)
$120 (bring cash/check to Anatomy Part 2 module) - Trail Guides books
Books: (You are free to purchase anywhere, and can choose kindle or hard copies)
Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain by Pete Egoscue with Roger Gittines
IMPORTANT: There are 3 other books that should be purchased AT THE TRAINING for a total of $120 for use in the Anatomy 2 module.Please bring a check or cash to class on day 1 of the Anatomy Part 2 module.
To Register: Select the RYT-300 program or the module for which you want to register from the drop-down box at the top of this page.
Check out FINANCING OPTIONS!