300-RYT Nashville Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification
Nashville Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification and Teacher Training
300-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training Program with am emphasis in Wellness and Biomechanics (RYS-300, eligible for RYT-500). You will also earn Yoga Alliance CECs for each course!
300-hour Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification
If you have landed on this page and are looking for learning objectives, prerequisites, etc.for the 300-hour Yoga Wellness Specialist Certification program, please review our Yoga Wellness Specialist RYT-300 yoga teacher training and certification page and then come back to this page to register.
Requirements: Earn your RYT-300 by completing the 6 modules below. To register, select the RYT-300 or the module for which you want to register from the drop-down box at the top of this page.
DATES are further down this page and may also be downloaded by clicking here. Please take a moment to read about Date Options. For modules with past dates, new dates will be up again soon. These are 'rolling' workshops, so they are offered repeatedly.
Foundations Module - 25 Hours
- Introduction to Working one-on-one with Yoga Clients
- Define Yoga Wellness and Describe Benefits
- Scope of Practice
- Finding and Retaining clients
- Physiology of Pain and Illness; Pain Cause and Effect
- Mind/Body Explorations
- Energetic Anatomy for Wellness
- Applied Chakras
- Homework will include: Reading Pain Free by Pete Egoscue and A Handbook of Chakra Healing by Kalashatra Govinda
Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 1 - 10 Hours
- Asana Analysis
- Partnered with Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy Course
- Provides 10 Contact Hours and 20 Homework Hours
- Homework: Reading, Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy 2nd edition, Watching Leslie Kaminoff Videos; other homework as assigned
Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 2 - 48 Hours
- Anatomy for Clients
- Structure and Function: Anatomy and Physiology
- Trail Guides: Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology
- Yoga Anatomy 2nd edition by Leslie Kaminoff, Trail Guides (TG) books and completing TG workbook assignments (purchase on the first day of Anatomy Part 2 - check or cash for $120)
Assessments Module - 70 Hours
- Subtle Energy Assessments
- Physical Assessments - Range of Motion, Strength, Posture
- Assessments Practicum
- Homework will include: Reading A Handbook of Chakra Healing by Kalashatra Govinda
Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design, Execute - 41 Hours
- Contraindications for Specific Conditions
- Developing Complete Yoga Wellness Plans
- Yogic Techniques for Common Conditions (foam roller required)
- Homework will include: Assignments from Yoga as Medicine by Timothy McCall
Specialty Module - 76 Hours
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga for Healthy Back
- Yoga for Hips, Shoulders and Core
- Yoga for Cancer
- Homework will include: Reading Relax & Renew by Judith Lasater and Restorative Yoga with Assists by Sue Flamm and Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain by Pete Egoscue with Roger Gittines
Modules do not have to be taken in the order listed. The only pre-requisites for each module are listed below.
- Foundations Module - None
- Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology (APK) Part 1 - None
- Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology (APK) Part 2 - None
- Assessments Module - APK Part 1 or APK Part 2**
- Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design, Execute - Assessments Module
- Specialty Module - None
- Pre-reqs may be waived by permission of instructor
- **You may enroll in Assessments Module as long as you are ENROLLED and have began at least the online portion of in APK Part 1 or 2
COURSE Pre-requisites (to earn RYT-500):
- RYT-200 OR
- Dual Enrolled in RYT-200 and RYT-300
Who: YOU...and Instructor: Mary Irby (see Mary's bio on our About Us page) plus guest instructors. Anatomy Part 1 materials provided by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
When: (DATES - see all dates.) If you can't make one or more dates, don't worry; you can still enroll. We plan to start offering these modules continuously, just as we do our RYT-200 workshops. This means that if you miss some days, you can "make up" those days the next time it is offered. Read more about Date Options by clicking here.
- Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 1:
- Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Part 2:
- Dates - Nov 2018 thru May 2019 - Click here
- Dates - Nov, 2018 through March, 2019 - Click here
- Dates - August 2018 through May 2019 - Click here
- Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design, Execute:
- Dates - Jan 2019 thru May 2019 - Click here
- Specialty Module:
- Restorative Yoga – 24 hours: DATES – 6/1, 6/2, 6/3/18, 8AM-5PM
- Yoga for a Healthy Back- 24 hours: DATES - 5/12, 7/7, 7/8/18, 8AM-5PM
- Yoga for Hips, Shoulders and Core – 15 hours: DATES – 7/28, 7/29/18, 8AM-5PM Saturday and 8AM-4PM Sunday
- Yoga for Cancer – 9 hours: DATES – 4/14/18, 8AM- 6PM
- Self-Care – 4 hours: DATES – 8/25/18, 2-6PM
- Books Required: Relax & Renew by Judith Lasater and Restorative Yoga with Assists by Sue Flamm and Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain by Pete Egoscue with Roger Gittines
Where: Please visit our location page for details on where the Nashville RYT-300 trainings are held.
Attendance Policy: Please read our attendance policy.
Refund Policy: Please read our refund policy.
If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to read about Date Options
Price: Pay $4,200 up front for the entire RYT-300 (all 6 modules). This is a cost savings of $360. If you prefer, you may pay by the module instead of paying up front. See prices below.
Foundations Module - $400
Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology Part 1 - $400
Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology Part 2 - $768
Assessments Module - $1,120
Yoga Wellness: Plan, Design and Execute - $656
Specialty Module - $1,216
Total - $4,560
Other Fees: See required book and materials list further down this page. The first day of class, please bring a check or cash for 3 books - pricing and details below...keep reading please. Note that the books with Amazon links need to be purchased on your own. So, to reiterate, we will sell you 3 books at the training (bring $120 first day of class) and you are responsible for obtaining all other books and materials.
Required Books and Materials for the RYT 300 NOT included in the cost of the program (Yoga Wellness Specialist) are below:
1 Yoga Mat
2 Yoga Blocks
1 Yoga Strap
1 Yoga Bolster
Notebook or Paper and Pen/Pencil
Foam Roller (any size, short one is easier to travel with though - Yoga Wellness module)
Trail Guides books - $120 (Sold to you by us; bring cash/check to Anatomy Part 2 module)
Other books you must purchase before class (hard copy or Kindle is fine):
Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain by Pete Egoscue with Roger Gittines
A Handbook of Chakra Healing by Kalashatra Govinda
Yoga Anatomy, 2nd edition, by Leslie Kaminoff
Yoga as Medicine by Timothy McCall
Relax & Renew by Judith Lasater
Restorative Yoga with Assists by Sue Flamm
IMPORTANT: There are 3 other books that should be purchased AT THE TRAINING for a total of $120 for use in the Anatomy 2 module.Please bring a check or cash to class on day 1 of the Anatomy Part 2 module.
To Register: Select the RYT-300 program or the module for which you want to register from the drop-down box at the top of this page.
Check out FINANCING OPTIONS!