Restorative yoga is a way of practicing supported yoga poses with the aid of props that explores deep relaxation, gentle stretching, stillness, inner peace and physical benefits. When the body is supported by props, the body, mind and spirit are slowly coaxed into letting go of tension during long-held passive poses.
Our Restorative Yoga Teacher Training will give you the confidence to lead a safe, effective restorative yoga class or to add a few restorative poses at the end of your regular practice. You’ll leave this workshop feeling both relaxed and well-informed.
Restorative Yoga Learning Objectives:
- Define Restorative Yoga (RY)
- Understand Qualities and Benefits of RY
- Examine RY as a Tool for Self-Transformation
- Describe Restorative History and Evolution
- Understand RY through our lineage (Thirumoolar’s)
- Assess the Science Behind the Practice
- Understand Use of Props, Techniques, Modifications and Contraindications of RY
- Gain Practical Experience Teaching RY to Different Body Types
- Practice Compassion and Loving Kindness
- Cultivate Calmness and Quieting of the Mind
- Understand and Apply Hands-on Assists to RY Asanas
- Facilitate Deep Relaxation through Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Stillness, Breath and Assists
Continuing Education Credits
Yoga Alliance Approved for 27 contact CEC hours.