Yoga for Inflexible Bodies
Living in an inflexible body? Teaching students who are less flexible? Then we’ve got the workshop for you! This course is designed to provide yoga teachers tools to teach the new yogi or inflexible body with modifications to poses or flows. Read More
Mary Irby – C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, CTP, MS
DeAnne Priddis – RYT 200, PhD
Yoga for Inflexible Bodies Learning Objectives
- Discover likely candidates for modifications due to inflexibilities
- Describe the benefits and importance of modifying postures
- Develop an understanding of how inflexibilities may limit poses
- Practice yoga for inflexible bodies
- Evaluate poses to discover the factors that present physical limitations
- Discover bandhas that help students get the most benefit from practice
- Practice specific pranayama techniques that may help us create more flexibility
- Explore pose modifications designed to provide safety and effectiveness for inflexible students
Students should have general knowledge of proper alignment for basic poses that would come from a yoga teacher training or yoga practice. Read More
While several alignment cues are covered in this course, the main focus of the course is to show modifications for those living in a less flexible body. Therefore, not every alignment principle will be covered in detail. For those seeking more detailed alignment instruction, we recommend our a more extensive course.
Continuing Education Credits
Yoga for Inflexible Bodies counts as 5 hours (5 CECs) for Yoga Alliance RYTs.
- Course is 100% remote, online study
- Work at your own pace
- Includes videos and written materials
- Short quizzes test your knowledge
Recommended Books for further reading:
This course is 100% remote. Start anytime!