Yoga for Inflexible Bodies COMING SOON – DO NOT PURCHASE YET PLEASE
This workshop is designed to provide yoga teachers tools to teach the new yogi or inflexible body with modifications to poses or flows. This workshop will also give yoga participants the confidence to walk into almost any yoga class, while giving yoga teachers the confidence to adjust a class for new or less flexible students.
Mary Irby – C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, CTP
DeAnne Priddis – RYT 200
In Yoga for Inflexible Bodies, you’ll learn to
- Develop an understanding of yoga practices for various body types
- Compare the use of props and modifications in selected asanas to validate the most effective application of asana for individual body types
- Create a yoga class that will build confidence and encourage comfort of participants that view themselves as inflexible or new to yoga
Ever heard people say they aren’t flexible enough to do yoga? Yoga for Inflexible Bodies will give you the tools to work with students living in a less flexible body.
Continuing Education Credits
Yoga for Inflexible Bodies counts as 4 contact hours for Yoga Alliance RYTs through Dec 31, 2020, and 4 non-contact hours after that time
- Online Course Coming Soon!
Recommended Books for further reading:
Gain practical experience and stay engaged in class with a variety of activities!
Typical Schedule Includes:
- Housekeeping/Ice Breaker Activity
- Hands-on Creation of a Yoga Class
- Pose Breakdown
- Creating Yoga Classes Activity
Changing activities frequently and working with partners makes this a fun, engaging class. It’s the perfect balance of lecture and practical.
This course is 100% remote. Start anytime!